Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Plants I'm growing in my garden

This is Catnip! I have been growing this since the end of last winter. It was unexpected to live, and grew by winter sowing. It is now the biggest herb I'm growing right now. I have many herbs because they are my favorite plants especially to grow. 

This is more Catnip.

This is one of my favorite herbs- Lemon Balm. This lemon balm has a story behind it! Here is the story, if you would like to read it:
I was on a prayer walk about a month ago or so, and Jesus saw that I really wanted lemon balm because it was my favorite plant. I couldn't find the seed for it in stores or find one that I could buy that was already growing. So, as I'm walking under my favorite oak tree in my yard that I call the Jesus tree, I saw this plant that I have never seen wild growing or anything. It looked like an herb. I sat down beside it, touched it, then sniffed my fingers. It was odd, yes, but I found that it smelled like lemon, the kind of lemon that was on lemon balm! It looked like lemon balm too! I dug it up and transplanted it in my herb garden. Since then, the lesson that I have learned from the lemon balm is that the biggest lemon balm plant seems to represent God and all the little sprouts represent his children! When I think that, the story of Jesus telling his disciples "Let the little children come to me" (Matthew 19:13-15). Now I call the regular lemon balm not just a regular name; I call it Spiritual Lemon Balm.

If you have Lemon Balm, here is a recipe on making Lemon Balm tea:

Ingredients:
Sugar
Boiling water to fill 1 regular size cup
1 tea bag (if wanted, you may add flavor by putting any flavored tea bag)
8-10 leaves of Lemon Balm

Instructions:
Put leaves and tea bag into water in small sauce pan. Boil on high, after boiled wait for 3-5 minuets to seep. Drain the tea into the cup, not with the leaves or tea bag. Add the amount of sugar you would like.


 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: